Bulletin Board of Oral Pathology

Forum for Clinical and Surgical Oral Pathology

Case BBOPF 15-1

Dr. Ilana Kaplan (Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel-Aviv, Israel) is kindly requesting your opinion about one of her patients. Please send your comments in the window located below the images. This case will be posted from August 26-Septemeber 6, 2015. A summary of the responses will then be posted.

Clinical History

37 yr old female with several episodes of pustular eruption on hands (palms) and feet. These lesions were diagnosed clinically as pustular psoriasis. Biopsy was signed out at subacute dermatitis...not a big help.

She also has a smal number of oral lesions- not quite pustules- small red "bumps" for the lack of any better descriptive term. The only cases of oral psoriasis I have seen ever looked like migratory glossitis or rather, migratory stomatitis, since they involved buccal mucosa and floor of the mouth. I have not seen pustular psoriasis before with a concurrent oral presentation. I do not have a biopsy from the oral lesion( she is reluctant to do one at this point).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dr. Ilana Kaplan

Images

Figure A

Figure B

Figure C

Case prepared by Dr. Alfredo Aguirre (BBOP Manager) and Daniel Emmer (Web Administrator, University at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine).

[Back to BBOP Home Page]